Close to what I was thinking, but only problem would be promotion and
relegation would be pretty unworkable within the season.   You could of course
have no promotion and relegation within the season (like Germany i believe)
with any switching only being done at the end of the season but not sure how
popular that would be.

I had envisaged a 12 or 16 team higher league and then a North and South
regional tour with 2 down from the higher league and the winners from the
regional league going up.

Simon McCaldin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Surely some regional events and national events can be accommodated?

For example, 3 or 4 regional events and then an event similar to the current
Nationals - where the top regional teams qualify.

I'd envisage maybe a 3/4/5 region setup (South East/West, Midlands,
North/Scotland), so events would aim to have around 16 teams in each (assumes
more 2nd teams as travelling time would be much reduced). However, I'd imagine
the top teams wouldn't like this and would prefer a regular national top team
event (say 8-12 teams). But this could run along side (i.e. at the same venue)
one of the regional events each time, that way each region will have one event
where they get to see the top national teams battle it out.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Muppet
(EMO)

>>> Mike Tonge 17/08/2005 14:42:12 >>>
If you split the B tour into a North and South then it is no longer able to
rank teams effectivily over the whole of the UK.

The idea of getting more teams to enter tournaments should surely be sorted out
through getting people to run more winter leagues and local tournaments.

Mike

ALASTAIR FINDLAY wrote:Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:36:08 +0100 (BST)