From: Christian Nistri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 August 2005 14:16
To: britdisc@near.me.uk
Subject: [BD] Re: BritDisc Digest, Vol 24, Issue 33

Having finally heaved myself on to my high horse – does anyone elsewonder
about Clapham2 repeatedly entering the Tour and never attendingall the
events?I understand blah blah….giving experience to new players blah
blahsnore……..at the start of the season LLL decided we would not haveenough
for 2 teams ALL year so decided to bite the bullet and playwith a larger
squad.I also understand that in the B tour second teams might not always
beable to attend every Tour, but as Clapham2 play in the A-tour andtheir
participation or not will affect teams promotion/relegation, Ijust would
have thought something should happen.However there are other things that I
don't understand so I'm sureI'll get 15 different replies containing links
etc…….just thought Iwould highlight this.
Perhaps the idea of paying for a whole a season in advance might be anidea?
Or some sort of Chinese water torture.
WigsyLLL #2Perennial runner up ;-)

> Message: 3> Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:08:53 +0100> From: Ol? Dea?o
> Subject: [BD] Nationals seedings> To: "'BRIT
DISC'"
charset="iso-8859-1"> > > If top32 Ranked Open teams elect not to enter
Nationals (e.g. Clapham 2;> Fire 2;...)> > everybody shuffles up one, and
teams ranked 33, 34... have the option of> attending.> > According to
http://www.ukultimate.com/open/tour_rules.aspx#intro> 1.B.4. Nationals
format will be based on (at least) a sixteen team basic> knockout format
(i.e. no pools), seeded according to the tour finishing> positions. The
tournament will be expanded to 32 teams and beyond depending> on the
capabilities of the venue.> > > 14 Flyght Club 1> > 15 Paddy Murphy> > 16
Plastic Factory 2> > 17 Clapham 2> > 18 Tenacious Devon 1> > 19 Fire Of
London 2> > If they choose to enter, this would currently seed Clapham 2 &
Fire 2 i!
n the> bottom half. It would *probably* be safe to assume they would break
into> the top 16, at the risk of some of those really delicately balanced
grudge> match knock out games we all so love.> > Is this actually going to
be the case?> > Dean> Factory 2.>