> One solution could be to decide the seeding based on AVERAGE points per
> tour, rather than total?

Get's my vote.

Dean.

It doesn't get my vote.

I think teams should be encouraged to attend all tours where possible, though obviously circumstances sometimes dictate that it can't be done.

I don't think anything as draconian as banning non-attendees from nationals is required, but allowing entry on average points goes too far the other way. Surely a team that finishes top 32 at tour 1 and then takes the rest of the year off isn't really worth a place at nationals?

A team that wins a lucky crossover-type game early in the season might actually have a DISincentive to go to further tours...

Now, I guess this is one of those emails that criticises without offering an alternative idea. Well, that's life. I don't got no better ideas. But I think a better idea would be needed. In fact, I go so far as to think that the status quo is a better idea than using averages.

Benji