Hi Laurent !

> Getting *everything* into Busybox - one binary to rule them all -
>smells a bit too much like systemd. Do we want to go there ?

1) I like to create small self contained initramfs systems. Systems
included in a single kernel image. So all you need to run the system is
that single kernel image and a boot loader to start. In those initramfs
systems i like to have only a minimum of statically linked binaries
with a maximum of flexibility. At best there is only one binary
containing all the utilities and the special application binaries.

2) Comparing a utility collection box like Busybox with a tool like
systemd really smells bad. They are two completely different things.

--
Harald