Tonight I hooked up my little TH-F6A to the same antenna and got the same
noise. I do have to test out my radio, but I am 85% convinced that it is QRM
from a pole transformer located about 25 ft from the long end of my OFDP. This
is a reasonably new transformer, since they replaced it about 5 years ago when
the old one blew. Anyone have experience with getting the electric company to
do a RFI survey?

On the down side, I carried my AM radio to my back yard and heard no detectable
interference. This is turning into a real mystery.

Mark
N5PRD