I have an EFHW  with a 49: 1 balumn (transformer) that is cut to 40 meters that I bought at the Houston Hamfest last March.  Along with a Icom 718. Just like you, we have an HOA management that will not allow antennas.  So I ran it along the roof ridge vent. Very stealthy and you can only see  maybe 6”where the wire comes out of the roof.
It works on  40, 20, 15 and 10 very well. With an analyzer I can get 80 and 17. 12 not so much. Was set up in April and have made a ton of contacts
I am planning on building one for a portable operation when I am traveling.
If you can build it yourself Do so. There is not a lot of materials and it doesn’t cost a lot.

Good Luck
David K
KI5TEB

Sent from my iPad