https://youtu.be/1UgoY2mvUds?feature=shared

Sent from my mobile phone

-------- Original message --------
From: Amal Phadke KT5AC via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Date: 10/7/23 8:20 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: bvarc@bvarc.org
Cc: amal.kt...@gmail.com
Subject: [BVARC] EFHW?

Hi everyone,

                Like many hams, I live in a HOA restricted subdivision, so a
permanent HF antenna is not practical. I have been thinking for a while about
EFHW as a temporary antenna which I can set up and take down quickly. My
question has probably been asked many times so please forgive this relatively
new member for asking again. The question is do you use an EFHW antenna and is
it a good solution for HOA limited subdivisions?

ARRL sells EFHW antenna kit for $80. It is cheap and certainly seems like it
will be fun to build. It works up to 40m, but I suppose it will be possible to
extend it to 80m with a loading coil. I am considering MFJ-1910 33-ft
telescoping fiberglass mast with the antenna. As I like more choices, can
anyone suggest other options/alternatives for the mast?

Also, any suggestions for a good and reasonably priced (< $400) antenna
analyzer?

Thanks,

Amal – KT5AC