On 07/31/2007 09:52 AM, Robert Citek wrote:
> On 07/30/2007 04:58 PM, Robert Citek wrote:
>> One of the students got DSL via ATT.  So, I'm trying it out myself.
>>  I'll post what I discover.
>
> My notes so far:

DSL works!  Latest notes (will put on wiki in a bit):

<notes>
2Wire router setup
- connect power to router
- if necessary, reset to clear settings (see below)
- connect ethernet cable to router
- connect ethernet to computer
- enable DCHP on computer (see below)
- connect phone cord to router
- plug phone cord into data side of phone filter
- plug filter into phone jack in wall

Router configuration
- open browser to 192.168.1.254
- enter a system password
- click next (see below if error page appears)
- run setup wizard: 192.168.1.254/setup
- enter key (see below)
- enter time zone
- enter ppp authentication info (provided by ISP)
- connection

Optional configuration
- configure wireless (disable/enable)

----

Resetting router
- To reset the router to factory defaults, press and hold the small
reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds.

Enabling DHCP
- K > System > Networking
- enter root's password
- Connection tab > Ethernet connection > Properties
- check Enable this connection
- Configuration > DHCP , OK
- OK

Error page
- If an error page appears, then there seems to be a bug in the router
software.  Click on the address bar (File > Open Location) and press enter.

Router key
- AT&T PPPoE 522P-22P4-6262-22AT-F2NV
- see http://www.2wire.com/keycode for other keycodes

ATT DSL