On 08/03/2007 07:39 PM, Robert Citek wrote:
> DSL works!  Latest notes (will put on wiki in a bit):
> Router configuration
> - enter ppp authentication info (provided by ISP)
> - connection

I went to the student's house today and setup their DSL.  Everything
went smooth except for the PPPoE authentication.  Turns out, in order to
get a username and password, one has to register at AT&T's site.  In
order to register, one cannot use Firefox.  Whatever scripting AT&T is
using on their page does not work with Firefox.  One has to use Internet
Explorer.  Fortunately, I had IE6 via Wine installed on my laptop.  I
used my laptop to finish the registration and then all was well.  Once
connected, the student immediately started surfing the web with a big
smile of glee.

If anyone wants to try to see what other browsers might work under
Linux, these are the steps for registering:

- connect to http://204.60.203.227/register/
- on the Member Agreement page, click on Agree
- on the Membership Identification page, check box 2: "NO. I do not ..."
- enter 12344567890 for the phone number
- click on Next

It is at this point that I was unable to get any further with Firefox.
Clicking Next does nothing.  The next page should have been another
Membership Identification page.

If anyone discovers another browser that works, please post.

BTW, this was using Firefox 1.5.0.12.

Regards,
- Robert