- check you have a commons-logging.properties file in your src/ (and in your
futher dist/your_app/WEB-INF/classes) with something like:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.

Per my other mail, that didn't work. Here's what did.

Download the source to the book /Apache Tomcat Bible/.

Open chapter 17\hello-log4j

Change the "log4j.appender.A1.File" line to "c:/cactus_log4j.txt"

Copy the file log4j.properties to build/test/classes

Copy the file log4j.properties to build/web/WEB-INF/classes

(Note I don't care which one did it...)

Now when I run, the file "c:/cactus_log4j.txt" appears and contains nothing, and the console logger reveals this:

testExecute(enforcer.actions.LoginActionTest)java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

So, now I just need to check my program can run its Login.do action, and stuff, to see why it was unconnectable.

I thought this Cactus stuff ran client-side, and mocked the servlet stuff. Should I switch back to MockStrutsTestCase?

--
 Phlip
 http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!!