Pedro Nevado wrote:

I do not use StrutsTestCase, so I cannot help you in that respect.

Then why are you on the Cactus mailing list? Isn't that what it's for?

The code I sent you is for a log4j.xml file, not for log4j.properties file.
The format of the entries are different.

I turned on logging like this:

   Logger aLogger = Logger.getRootLogger();

PatternLayout layout = new PatternLayout("%d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %-5p %-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n");//"%d %x %t %p %l %throwable: %m%n");
       File cactusFile = new File("c:/cactus.log");
       if (cactusFile.isFile())
           cactusFile.delete();

       FileAppender aFileAppender = new FileAppender();
       aFileAppender.setName("cactus_log");
       aFileAppender.setFile("C:/cactus.log");

        aFileAppender.setAppend(true);
        aFileAppender.setImmediateFlush(true);
        aFileAppender.setLayout(layout);
        aFileAppender.activateOptions();
       aLogger.addAppender(aFileAppender);
       aLogger.setLevel(Level.DEBUG);

I recommend you to run one very simple test, without logging to start with,
and once you have everything right, add logging.

I turned it on due to this error message:

ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test results at [http://localhost:8084/Foo/ServletRedirector]

The FAQ for that error message says to turn on logging.

Now I have a big log, and I am unaware what to read in it to diagnose the error!

--
 Phlip
 http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!!