De: Phlip [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2005 16:07
Para: Cactus Users List
Asunto: Re: How to turn on logging?

Pedro Nevado wrote:

> I do not use StrutsTestCase, so I cannot help you in that respect.

Then why are you on the Cactus mailing list? Isn't that what it's for?

> The code I sent you is for a log4j.xml file, not for log4j.properties
> file.
> The format of the entries are different.

I turned on logging like this:

    Logger aLogger = Logger.getRootLogger();

    PatternLayout layout = new PatternLayout("%d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %-5p
%-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n");//"%d %x %t %p %l %throwable: %m%n");
        File cactusFile = new File("c:/cactus.log");
        if (cactusFile.isFile())
            cactusFile.delete();

        FileAppender aFileAppender = new FileAppender();
        aFileAppender.setName("cactus_log");
        aFileAppender.setFile("C:/cactus.log");

         aFileAppender.setAppend(true);
         aFileAppender.setImmediateFlush(true);
         aFileAppender.setLayout(layout);
         aFileAppender.activateOptions();
        aLogger.addAppender(aFileAppender);
        aLogger.setLevel(Level.DEBUG);

> I recommend you to run one very simple test, without logging to start
> with,
> and once you have everything right, add logging.

I turned it on due to this error message:

ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test results at
[http://localhost:8084/Foo/ServletRedirector]

The FAQ for that error message says to turn on logging.

Now I have a big log, and I am unaware what to read in it to diagnose the
error!

--
  Phlip
  http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!!