i've looked in the sourcecode of htmlhelper. apparently if you didn't
set an id yourself, the helper will always automatically set the id

setting id to null will trigger the behaviour above, setting id to ''
sets id to '' so we don't want that either :'(

this really isn't fun, because i have several forms of the same type on
1 page. (eg many newsitems each with a reply-form) and thus, i have
many elements with the same id in my xhtml code.  if i don't want this,
i have to type the html code manually instead of using the html
helper.. that's a bit a stupid solution imo