>  I could argue about this all day, but I've had enough.  Dardo, we are
>  arguing about semantics so we must agree to disagree.

I agree, I wasn't saying that git or it's model fits CakePHP or
everyone. I said that it could help in CakePlus.

>  CakePlus is an attempt to fork CakePHP, nothing more.

As was outlined in the first post, yes.

I think I've made my stand clear: I don't agree to the idea of
modifying the core, but I like the idea of making something that I can
use on top of CakePHP, let's say:

1. Checkout the latest SVN of cake (just the core, not the appdir).
2. Clone CakePlus as the appdir.
3. Start hacking.