On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Gwoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For those of you who want to be part of CakePHP, please feel free to
> contact me. As Sliv stated, we are always looking for people who are
> willing to write tests, patches, docs, etc. We are not looking for
> people who want to contribute to the project because they "need" a
> particular feature.

FWIW - I differ here - a prime motivator for writing open source is
"scratching your own itch"

> Contributors look first to help the community and
> only in that way do they expect to be helping themselves.

Communism failed! and open source is definitely as much about the
*individual*  as the community. Open Source licenses always respect and
acknowledge the rights of the individual developers and contributors.
Looking first to help the community is bull!

Tarique