Lets say I am your customer and I want to develop a mail server or a blog
system.
You really give me all this words instead of  offer me to at least try
Zimbra and Wordpress?
You should put the client interest at top.
Anyway, this kind of decision should be taken by an architect that will not
implement the solution, and not by a developer.
Even in this group I see developer that reinventing the wheel with cake and
php code instead of using basic database technology which is the simple
thing to do.
It does not work like that in the real world. If I am a tracks dealer and
some on come to me to buy a sadan I'll tell him to go to my friend dealer
hoping he will do the same when some one ask him for track.
I also saw Joomla developer that recommend Joomla where not suitable.
Sometimes not taking the job is the professional thing to do.
May advice to those how want to be treated  as professional, act as one.

--
Regards,
Zaky Katalan-Ezra

their CakePHP related questions.