> A little off topic, but how is Mono/Unix these days?  Last I checked
> (>2 years ago) it implemented the basic libraries and runtimes but had
terrible
> performance.  Is it now on par with Windows?

Still leaks memory, has broken TCO and runs like a dog. Mono has also fallen
even farther behind now that .NET 4 is out. However, they have at least
stated that they intend to start trying to support F# on Mono. Then again,
they stated about 6 years ago they were going to replace their crappy
conservative GC with one that might actually work but they never managed to
do that either...

Cheers,
Jon.