Hello,

I am using CAS 3.3.5, and I have tried to get LDAP password policy
enforcement running, as per
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/LDAP+Password+Policy+Enforcement.

I have cranked logging as follows:
log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.services=INFO
log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.web.flow=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.adaptors=DEBUG
, other than that, the logging is identical to the Logging page on the wiki.

Here are the only logs that are currently appearing:

2010-02-10 10:58:58,550 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Search Filter:
'cn=%u'>
2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Expire Date
Attribute: 'pwdchangedtime'>
2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Warning Days
Attribute: 'passwordwarningdays'>
2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Default
Warning Days: '-1'>
2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Date format:
'yyyyMMddHHmmss'z''>
2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <LDAP Search
Base: 'cn=Users,dc=collab,dc=uni,dc=edu'>
2010-02-10 10:58:58,553 DEBUG
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <inited with
passwordWarningChecker='org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck'>

As well as a mention to the bean in the following line.

2010-02-10 10:58:58,771 INFO
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
<Pre-instantiating singletons in
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.defaultlistablebeanfact...@3052ce:

It appears to me that the PasswordWarningCheck is not even firing -- I
would expect much more logging output that this.

As an aside, I put -1 as the Warning days, as out LDAP server (Oracle
OID) currently only reports the time the password was last changed, not
when it expires. I have tried positive values with no difference in the
results.

Am I missing something, or is this code simply incompatible with the
current CAS version?

Thanks,

Jeff

- --
Jeff Chapin,
Assistant Systems/Applications Administrator
ITS-IS, University of Northern Iowa
Phone: 319-273-3162 Email: jeff.cha...@uni.edu