I believe that log line came from this bean:
<bean id="PasswordWarningCheckAction"
class="org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction">
<property name="passwordWarningCheck"
        ref="passwordWarningCheck" />
</bean>

This was documented in the link below. Am I off base? I am still
learning how this setup works and feeling my way around.

Jeff

Scott Battaglia wrote:
> I don't know much about it but there's no reason it shouldn't work.  It
> doesn't look like there any instructions to tell you to add it to the
> web flow though.
>

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Jeff Chapin <jeff.cha...@uni.edu
> <mailto:jeff.cha...@uni.edu>> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using CAS 3.3.5, and I have tried to get LDAP password policy
> enforcement running, as per
> http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/LDAP+Password+Policy+Enforcement.
>
> I have cranked logging as follows:
> log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.services=INFO
> log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.web.flow=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.org.jasig.cas.adaptors=DEBUG
> , other than that, the logging is identical to the Logging page on
> the wiki.
>
> Here are the only logs that are currently appearing:
>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,550 INFO
> [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Search Filter:
> 'cn=%u'>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
> [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Expire Date
> Attribute: 'pwdchangedtime'>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
> [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Warning Days
> Attribute: 'passwordwarningdays'>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
> [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Default
> Warning Days: '-1'>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
> [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <Date format:
> 'yyyyMMddHHmmss'z''>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,551 INFO
> [org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck] - <LDAP Search
> Base: 'cn=Users,dc=collab,dc=uni,dc=edu'>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,553 DEBUG
> [org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <inited with
> passwordWarningChecker='org.jasig.cas.adaptors.ldap.LdapPasswordWarningCheck'>
>
> As well as a mention to the bean in the following line.
>
> 2010-02-10 10:58:58,771 INFO
> [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
> <Pre-instantiating singletons in
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.defaultlistablebeanfact...@3052ce:
>
> It appears to me that the PasswordWarningCheck is not even firing -- I
> would expect much more logging output that this.
>
> As an aside, I put -1 as the Warning days, as out LDAP server (Oracle
> OID) currently only reports the time the password was last changed, not
> when it expires. I have tried positive values with no difference in the
> results.
>
> Am I missing something, or is this code simply incompatible with the
> current CAS version?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

- --
You are currently subscribed to cas-user@lists.jasig.org
<mailto:cas-user@lists.jasig.org> as: scott.battag...@gmail.com
<mailto:scott.battag...@gmail.com>

> jeff.cha...@uni.edu

- --
Jeff Chapin,
Assistant Systems/Applications Administrator
ITS-IS, University of Northern Iowa
Phone: 319-273-3162 Email: jeff.cha...@uni.edu