I see this issue from time to time. The VLAN interfaces on my BR1-RTR show a state of up, but line protocol is down.

I made sure that there are ports with the vlans configured. I reload the router. I also made sure the vlans were in existence.

At this point, my BR1-RTR is useless until I get this working.  Any ideas?

interface Vlan130
 ip address 10.10.101.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan240
 ip address 10.10.201.1 255.255.255.0

interface FastEthernet1/1
 switchport trunk native vlan 130
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport voice vlan 240

====

BR1-RTR#show vlan-switch br

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- --------- -------------------------------
130  DATA                             active    Fa1/1, Fa1/15
240  PHONES                           active    Fa1/1, Fa1/2, Fa1/3, Fa1/4
                                                Fa1/5, Fa1/6, Fa1/7, Fa1/8
Fa1/9, Fa1/10, Fa1/11, Fa1/12
                                                Fa1/13, Fa1/14, Fa1/15

====

BR1-RTR#show ip int bri
Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol
Vlan130 10.10.101.1 YES manual up down Vlan240 10.10.201.1 YES NVRAM up down

--

*Matthew Berry*

/A+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCVP, CCIE Voice Written/

*_Vitals:_*

*GVoice: *+1.612.424.5044

*Gmail*: ciscovoiceg...@gmail.com

*Skype*: ciscovoiceguru