Also if the vlans are disabled.  Make sure the vlans are active.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Amy Ryan" <ar...@ipexpert.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 4, 2010 7:33 am
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] VLAN interfaces down
To: "Angel Perez" <gorr...@hotmail.com>, <amccar...@cciequest.com>,
<ciscovoiceg...@gmail.com>
Cc: "osl osl" <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>

Matthew,

Did you do a ³sh cdp neighber² and verify what port the phone was plugged
into?  I did notice below that you are showing the configuration for int
fa1/1 and the Proctor Lab Racks usually have the phone at BR1 plugged into
interface fa1/0 which is also not shown in your output as being set up.  If
the phone was plugged into interface fa1/0 and was not configured properly
or shut, you would have this behavior.

If the vlan.dat file was not present in flash and the VLAN¹s were configured
as you have shown below, then they would not show up when you do a ³sh
vlan-s bri², but they would show up in a ³sh ip int bri².  See ScreenShots:

BR1-RTR#sh vlan-s bri (with vlan.dat deleted from flash)

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- ---------
-------------------------------
1    default                          active    Fa1/1, Fa1/2, Fa1/3, Fa1/4,
Fa1/5
                                                Fa1/6, Fa1/7, Fa1/8, Fa1/9,
Fa1/10
                                                Fa1/11, Fa1/12, Fa1/13,
Fa1/14, Fa1/15
1002 fddi-default                     act/unsup
1003 token-ring-default               act/unsup
1004 fddinet-default                  act/unsup
1005 trnet-default                    act/unsup
!
!
BR1-RTR#sh ip int bri
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status
Protocol
Vlan130                    10.10.101.1     YES NVRAM  up
down
Vlan240                    10.10.201.1     YES NVRAM  up
down

I will be around on Sunday.  If you are able to recreate this then, contact
me and I can hop into your session and look around.

Thank you,
Amy

---
Amy Ryan ­ CCIE #24677 (Voice)
Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.
Mailto: ar...@ipexpert.com
Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Live Assistance, Please visit: www.ipexpert.com/chat
<http://www.ipexpert.com/chat>
eFax: +1.810.454.0130

IPexpert is a premier provider of Self-Study Workbooks, Video on Demand,
Audio Tools, Online Hardware Rental and Classroom Training for the Cisco
CCIE (R&S, Voice, Security & Service Provider) certification(s) with
training locations throughout the United States, Europe, South Asia and
Australia. Be sure to visit our online communities at
www.ipexpert.com/communities <http://www.ipexpert.com/communities>  and our
public website at www.ipexpert.com <http://www.ipexpert.com/>