Hi Matthew,

I agree about the cos part, adding that you can control the cos value for PC
connected to the phone using "switchport priority extend" command with 4
 * trust
 * don't trust
 * overwrite with specific cos value
 * by default - overwrite with COS 0

But the question is, how DSCP markings from the PC are handled with this
configuration? I understand that IP phone marks its RTP and signaling
packets with both COS and DSCP and you can choose on the switchport which
one you want to trust. But what about the PC markings? PC can only mark
using DSCP (no 802.1q header between PC and IP phone).
What happens when I decide to trust DSCP in such situation? Both markings
from the PC and IP phone are trusted? This would constitute weak solution,
since I don't want rogue PC to send all it's traffic as EF... any idea?

regards
kobel