Cisco stops the practice of renting CCIE's to ensure the quality of
the work done by companies that are Silver and Gold partners.

Secondly, economies are different across the globe, I believe that
cost of living is also quite different in all parts of the world.

Finally, I do not think that CCIE's in Europe are making so little, a
quick google shows several jobs at higher pay by quite a large margin.

I am sorry that you are having a difficult time finding employment and
if you truly are a CCIE my suggestion is to find a company and even if
you are over qualified, get in the door and work your way up.  You
might find it rewarding and hopefully you can find a valuable
employment soon.