One of the Apple reps suggested using the iLAP stand with the sizzling hot Macbook Pro. One can supposedly get it from the Apple store. Checked out a similar product for a bit at the store - I liked the incline on the keyboard. Looks like the incline might give the wrist some rest and help delay onset of Carpal Tunnel.

Disclaimer: Read this email and buy the product absolutely at your own risk. I have no association with the iLAP manufacturer or Apple.

Raji

D. Eric Dollins wrote:

One note on MacBook Pros....Although admittingly not designed for
number crunching, I've been refining structures on my new core 2 duo
MacBook Pro (again, thanks to Bill Scott and others...).  If running
multiple jobs, my machine was running very hot (>80C).  However, I
installed 2 things which seems to help:
1. Temperature monitor:
http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html
2. Addin fan contol
http://www.lobotomo.com/products/FanControl/
The added items with the new fan controller and the monitor (which
shows the temp. at 11 different sensors), the temp. never gets above
~65-70. I've heard extended periods above 70 is getting dangerous for
your CPU lifetime.  So running without those extras seems like asking
for trouble.
Also, I didn't want to buy a fancy stand (nor do I want to carry one
around), so I put my laptop up on modelling dice (~2-3cm) and that
seems to help cool things down a bit by getting some air flow.
Eric