From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Eleanor Dodson
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:21
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb]: Modelling disordered side-chains

I really have no view providing that if you include the whole side chain
you must set the atom occupancy to 0.00 forthe invisible atoms..

Eleanor

Nicholas Noinaj wrote:

>***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
>***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
>

>Hi,
>
>i would like to get opinions on whether or not one removes side-chain atoms
where there is no density.  for example, if one can only observe density up
to the beta-carbon for lysine (say at > 0.5 sigma), does one leave the
lysine side chain intact, knowing it must be disordered, or does one
terminate at the beta-carbon, making the coordinates reflect what is
actually observed in the density.

>It seems both approaches are published and people seem to have conflicting
opinions on the topic.  It would be nice to come to some concensus, possibly
clear up the issue for us newbies.