Dear colleagues,

the recent discussion on the necessity and feasibility of storing raw data for all our structures raises a second point, I think. For the current discussion it is only a matter of storage place that has to be assigned somehow to make fobs, unmerged data, or raw images available to everybody who want's to download, but there are other science fields out there as well. Do we want to collect also gels, plots, plasmids, bacterial strains, mice, dollies, .... at some central place? Or should rather the scientific ethics bind all of us to practice good science and to be an objective reviewer when asked?

The usefulness for software developers and future experiments with our data is a completely different issue of course.

        Just wanting to raise this point.

        Manuel Than

Dr. Manuel E. Than

Protein Crystallography Group