Dear Joe --

Does anyone have information about how long it takes to set up a 96- well tray for the crystallization robots available? Besides cost per tray and maintenance cost, another important feature we consider is the time for setting up a 96-well tray. It is an important factor since we are talking about sub-microliter drops.

The japanese protein-crystallization system (PXS) can handle 7680 drops / hour, from sample and solution disposal to sealing and incubator storage. You can have a look at the movie:

http://pfweis.kek.jp/system/PXS.html

or at the paper (PubMed 16929107).

HTH.

Kind regards.