> PS: I vote for that "structure factor amplitude" be used in text books
> and |F| on cell phones.  Student of 2015: "You mean 'abs-F' is really
> pronounced 'structure factor amplitude'?  I didn't know that!"

By 2015, it would probably be some less-comprehensible variant of
instant-messenging contractions and lolcat speak, more like "U mn
'abs-F' z rl'y s'd 'structure factor amplitude'?"

I'd also vote for "structure factor amplitude", but if we're going by
PDB/RCSB usage it appears to be just "structure factor".