Hi Yanming,

I usually keep the follow through before I know nothing is in it. Also you may want to suspend your protein solution every 5-10 min to avoid precipitation because the concentration gradient forms rapidly during centrifugation. If all of these do not help, just try concentrators with different types of membrane.

Joe

Kornelius Zeth wrote:
Hi Yanming,

you can try adding 1 M of urea, 1% detergent (OG,DM) that often helps to keep proteins in solution.

Best wishes

Kornelius

On Tue, 5 May 2009 09:06:09 -0700