Jacob

We should not be comparing the Xray and electron beam fluxes in terms
of particle density as the scattering cross sections are very
different. I have to admit I did not see the number you are quoting,
which is very low. One needs 20-30 electrons per A^2 to acheive 3A
resolution. Presumably the beam can be focused to this density at the
specimen plane, but I do not know for sure.

Fabrizio Carbone has just sent me his latest estimates for the numbers
we are discussing. But let's do as Colin suggested and discuss this
further off the board and post a summary later.

Cheers,

Petr

Sent from my iPhone