Hi Bernhard,

> Maybe the paranoia-checkers in windows slow everything down
> although I did not see any resources overwhelmed...

I wonder whether the windoze refmac binaries can be used through wine in a
GNU/Linux environment. If yes, then you could possibly differentiate
between the operating-system-dependent and compiler-specific hypotheses.

Nicholas

--

            Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,