From: Harman, Christine <christine.har...@fda.hhs.gov>
Subject: [ccp4bb] Autodock Vina output files
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Date: Monday, 25 February, 2013, 3:46 PM

Hi All,
I am sure that some of you have used AutoDock Vina so I thought I would give it
a go and ask two questions.  I performed a round of docking and obtained an
output file containing 9 different models.  The affinity (kcal/mol) ranged from
-4.5 to -3.0.  My
first question is what is considered high binding affinity i.e. what range is
considered high affinity, moderate affinity etc.  My second question is about
the output file.  The output file is in pdbqt format and can be viewed in Pymol
just fine, but the problem
is that I cannot separate out the individual orientations of the output file.
I want to change the format to pdb so that I can change the depiction of the
models in PyMol, but PyMol treats the file as one file and will not allow me to
read out the models as
separate pdb files.  Does anybody know how to separate out the different models
contained in one output file provided by AutoDock Vina.  Thanks for any advice.

Take care,

Christine