Hi Akila,
I'm curious about your choice of pET22b. If you cut out the signal peptide
that comes with the vector and express your protein in the cytoplasm, then
what I am about to say doesn't apply. However, if you are exporting the
protein into the periplasm, have you considered doing osmotic shock instead
of lysing the cells? When you lyse the cells, you are likely to get
misfolded/unprocessed protein from the cytoplasm that will likely
precipitate.
Pun