Dear all,
I have used the following buffers for purification and dialysis. this is
fyi.

*Lysis buffer*:

25mM Tris pH 7 or 7.5 or 8

100-500mM NaCl (increase in salt concentration increased precipitation of
the protein in the column itself)

 *5mM Beta mercaptoethanol *

*0.5% Triton X 100 *

I have tried with other buffers also.

a.     HEPES buffer pH7.5

b.     Phosphate buffer pH 7.8

c.     MOPS buffer pH 8

*Wash and Elution Buffer*:

25mM Tris pH 7 or 7.5 or 8

100-500mM NaCl

20 and 30mM Imidazole for wash

300mM for elution

*Dialysis Buffer*:

1.     Tris 25mM pH 7

2.     Tris 25mM pH 7.5

3.     Tris 25mM pH 8

4.     Tris 25mM pH 7.5, 5% glycerol

5.     Tris 25mM pH 7.5, 10% glycerol

6.     Tris 25mM pH 7.5, 20% glycerol

7.     Tris 25mM pH7.5, 50mM NaCl

8.     Tris 25mM pH7.5, 100mM NaCl

9.     Tris 25mM pH7.5, 1mM MgCl2

10. Tris 25mM pH7.5, 50mM NaCl, 50mM L-Arg, 50mM L-Glu

In all these cases the protein precipitates. i have tried to do buffer
exchange also. i can see precipitate sticking on the walls of the tube
during the process.

--
Akilandeswari G
JRF