Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Mark
Wilson
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. März 2017 22:12
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] [ccp4bb] protein precipitation reg

I heartily concur with Craig.  Tris can be a dangerous buffer for many reasons,
including those listed below.  In addition, as a primary amine, it can
complicate work with metalloproteins and has moderate nucleophilicity.  There
is almost always a better buffer choice than Tris.
Best regards,
Mark

Mark A. Wilson
Associate Professor
Department of Biochemistry/Redox Biology Center University of Nebraska
N118 Beadle Center
1901 Vine Street
Lincoln, NE 68588
(402) 472-3626