> On Aug 30, 2017, at 7:14 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>

> Steve Jobs would have been at NeXT at that time, he didn’t come back to Apple
> until ’97.
>
> Nearly 25 years later, my memory is pretty vague, however, around ’93 at the
> FOSE trade show in Washington DC, IBM had a system running both OS/2 and AIX.
>  I want to say it was PPC, but it may have been x86.

It was more than likely x86 and the AIX would have been AIX PS/2 (which I did a
lot of work on at the time).

The IBM Microkernel project (which I helped start) was the only way that OS/2
ran on PPC.  OS/2 was an OS personality on top of the microkernel and all of
its services.  We also had a UNIX running as a personality too.  My memory has
faded too much at this point and but I also believe that there was MVM
personality to allow DOS/Windows to run too.

TTFN - Guy