On Wed, 30 Aug 2017, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:

I was looking up some data, and as a result was flipping through a copy of
Computerworld from ’93.  In doing so, I was marveling at the amount of
Diversity we had in the Computer World at the time, but that’s not the point.

The point is that I found a advertisement for the PPC 601 chip.  In it they
were advertising it running the Macintosh OS, OS/2, AIX, and interestingly Sun
Solaris.  I was aware of the first three, but I don’t ever remember any mention
of Solaris running on PPC.  Did that ever get off the ground?

Zane

Solaris supported PPC (IBM's PPC Reference Platform) only in Solaris 2.5.1. It got stripped out in 2.6. But it was definitely a real thing.
I will check tomorrow to see if my copy of 2.5.1 media includes it.