> On Aug 30, 2017, at 7:31 PM, Guy Sotomayor Jr <g...@shiresoft.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 30, 2017, at 7:14 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Steve Jobs would have been at NeXT at that time, he didn’t come back to
>> Apple until ’97.
>>
>> Nearly 25 years later, my memory is pretty vague, however, around ’93 at the
>> FOSE trade show in Washington DC, IBM had a system running both OS/2 and
>> AIX.  I want to say it was PPC, but it may have been x86.
>
> It was more than likely x86 and the AIX would have been AIX PS/2 (which I did
> a lot of work on at the time).

I think you’re right, especially as, IIRC, it was a laptop.

> The IBM Microkernel project (which I helped start) was the only way that OS/2
> ran on PPC.  OS/2 was an OS personality on top of the microkernel and all of
> its services.  We also had a UNIX running as a personality too.  My memory
> has faded too much at this point and but I also believe that there was MVM
> personality to allow DOS/Windows to run too.
>
> TTFN - Guy

I remember reading about this, around ’95, I’m pretty sure it was in one of the
Mac magazines.  I was on an Aircraft Carrier at the time, I had both a Pentium
90 laptop running DOS/Windows, Windows 95, OS/2, and Linux, as well as an Apple
PowerBook 520c running System 7.5 in my locker.  Needless to say, the idea of a
single system that could run OS/2, UNIX, and System 7 was very appealing to me.
 I’m pretty sure you’re right about there being a way to run DOS/Windows.
Realistically at that time, everyone had a way to run DOS/Windows.

Zane