Been there. Seen it. It seems paper or tyvek is the way to store these things.

But the question is in 2023 why are you still committing data to optical media?
I dumped all my cds and dvds on to magnetic storage years ago. I got burned
waiting as long as I did even.

Some of the old spinning cd cleaner/restorers used an abrasive slurry. The last
one I bought (Onn) only has a cleaner afaik. You'll want to clean the disks
thoroughly. Then try a "cleaning" solution that's more aggressive. My old cd
cleaner would leave circular scratches on the disk. But it was readable after
that. In 1 instance (then I lost it). Such an approach should be a last resort
though.

Don't just rely on Mac/Windoze facilities for reading stubborn disks. There are
programs that work better if you search.