On 3/10/2023 11:52 AM, rescue via cctalk wrote:

If properly care for and stored, I'd be willing to bet that the 5.25" floppies will be working after the flash replacements suffer bit rot and data loss from charge depletion .... though I might not be around to see that be a big problem :-)

I have floppies, 5 1/4" and 8" , that have sat around my basement in cardboard

boxes for over 40 year that are all perfectly readable.  I expect to run out of

hardware capable of reading them long before they become unreadable.

bill