I'm not claiming it was the first personal computer but is was my first
personal computer. It was within a year or two of just about any other first
personal computer.
It was a Poly88 with ROM based tiny basic. I had a keyboard, I think I got from
Mike Quin's as well as a Singer typing terminal that I converted into a serial
printer.
I used a transformer powered TV as a monitor and used a cassette recorder as
mass storage.
It was more personal than other machine as it was my personal creation after
several modifications to enhance it. I learned a lot about computers and how
they worked from that machine.
Dwight