On Sat, 25 May 2024, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
On 5/25/24 08:14, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
Offhand, if I were King of the World, I'd immediately eliminate from
competition those computers that cannot be run from a US 120 volt 15 amp
wall receptacle.   The rationale being that anything that requires
special power wiring cannot be "personal"

. . . or 100V or 220V in locations where those are the standard for household residential wiring. Woulld not want to automatically exclude UK machines, such as the Sinclair doorstop wedge.