On 2024-05-27 6:23 a.m., Christian Corti via cctalk wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2024, Chuck Guzis wrote:
Offhand, if I were King of the World, I'd immediately eliminate from
competition those computers that cannot be run from a US 120 volt 15 amp
wall receptacle.   The rationale being that anything that requires
special power wiring cannot be "personal"

I I were King of the World, I'd immediately ban everything non-standard
like 110/120V, 208V two-phase and 60Hz ish as well as everything
non-metric/SI based ;-)))))

I would ban the eruo and the metric system.
Bring back British rule. Long live the KING.

So, for example, the PB-250 qualifies; the IBM 1130 does not.  The

The IBM 1130 *does* run on a simple wall power outlet if you don't have
the 1133 I/O multiplexer.

Christian

I/O motors can be adapted I suspect for phase and power.
Remember not needing a raised floor and AC was big selling point
of the IBM 1130 in the 1960's.

Four-Phase Systems, had a impressive system in the 1970's.
One 24 bit box with up to 32 terminals in 1974.
The IBM 1130 was retired around then,and it was good time for
24 bit computers.