Joerg Schilling wrote:

> >From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Oct 30 19:11:43 2001
>
> >> In this special case it is particulary bad because the hack does not
> >> add new things to cdrecord but is a different implementation for a feature
> >> that is available from me for 3.5 years. If you don't make it clear, that this
> >> is _not_ the official cdrecord-ProDVD I am forced to change the license
> >> so that it is no more 100% GPL :-(
>
> >As far as I can see from test version of proDVD, it does not support
> >incremental and multisession recording. My patch, in its second version
>
> So far nobody did request this feature.
>
> >does. So it brings something new, technically speaking.
> >Even without that, it brings something __really__ new: the possibility
> >freely (as in speech) write DVDs on Linux (and possibly other Unixes).
>
> Interesting statement ;-) If you believe that cdrecord needs help from
> outside, please tell me why up to now nobody helped me with general
> work?
Probably because you did a really good job and nobody was really unhappy
with cdrecord to start modifing it.

> Additional question: Do you realize, that more than 90% of the code modifications
> needed to make cdrecord work with DVD writers are already public for a long
> time? How long do you believe you would have to work on cdrecord if there
> was no code for DVD support inside the public part of cdrecord.

Of course I realize. The MMC stuff inside is actualy the base I used to
implement the few differences between CD and DVD writing.
Please understandt that I don't want to take your merits for cdrecord.

mache