>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Oct 30 19:11:43 2001

>> In this special case it is particulary bad because the hack does not
>> add new things to cdrecord but is a different implementation for a feature
>> that is available from me for 3.5 years. If you don't make it clear, that this
>> is _not_ the official cdrecord-ProDVD I am forced to change the license
>> so that it is no more 100% GPL :-(

>As far as I can see from test version of proDVD, it does not support
>incremental and multisession recording. My patch, in its second version

So far nobody did request this feature.

>does. So it brings something new, technically speaking.
>Even without that, it brings something __really__ new: the possibility
>freely (as in speech) write DVDs on Linux (and possibly other Unixes).

Interesting statement ;-) If you believe that cdrecord needs help from
outside, please tell me why up to now nobody helped me with general
work?

OK, there have been several people who helped porting libscg to additional
platforms I don't have access to. But why do I have to do 99% of the work
for cdrecord by myself?

Additional question: Do you realize, that more than 90% of the code modifications
needed to make cdrecord work with DVD writers are already public for a long
time? How long do you believe you would have to work on cdrecord if there
was no code for DVD support inside the public part of cdrecord.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling