Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Oct 30 17:38:40 2001

> It does not include Source! Remove the binary immediately or add source.

Actually I think that if the source is available (yes, we can debate
exactly what that means) they are in compliance. I assume that source
will be available, otherwise I agree that they are not in compliance.

> In addidion, I don't like modified versions to float around with the same name
> as the original. Either change the name or make it otherwise clear that this
> is _not_ the original cdrecord.

Another reasonable request. It is very poor form to have a private copy
not clearly marked as such.

> In this special case it is particulary bad because the hack does not
> add new things to cdrecord but is a different implementation for a feature
> that is available from me for 3.5 years. If you don't make it clear, that this
> is _not_ the official cdrecord-ProDVD I am forced to change the license
> so that it is no more 100% GPL :-(

I would really like to see this have a more amicable tone, and I
certainly think changing the license is the wrong direction, I would
enforce it if possible. I doubt that there is any intentional abuse
here, and I hope that the name will be clearly changed post haste.

--
   -bill davidsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])