If you make mkisofs completely "correct", it becomes rather useless.

The default behavior of mkisofs happens to also be the default behavior of
tar; that is, tar continues merrily on its way after an error (at least GNU
tar does).

There are good reasons to allow a process that takes a long time to complete,
such as mkisofs, to continue after an error is encountered rather than just
quit.

A command line argument to say "quit on error" would be fine, but my vote is
to keep the default behavior the way it is.

--
Seth Kurtzberg
MIS Corp.