>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Oct 25 17:17:05 2002

>Ok, is there another DVD burning program that supports the Pioneer A04
>drive that can handle this?

>I am tired of Joerg's comments to me and other people, and I will tell
>my people to boot the computers into windows to burn DVDs until I get
>another program to burn DVDs under Linux.

I am tired of people who do not like to read the documentation.
Do you really not know how much of my free time goes into cdrecord?
It is not my task to send you a mail with parts of the man page.
It is your task to _read_ the man page. I spend a lot of time in writing it.

>I have read both documents, many times. The man page for CDRecord and
>the README in your FTP directory. Some of the comments in both are hard
>to understand. I believe due to the poor German to English translation.

>For example, The following paragraph is not easily understandable:

>IMPORTANT NOTICE:

>        ***********
>                The current versions do not work for DVD recording
>                if you specify the -dao option. They write in DAO
>                only without the -dao option.
>                Cdrecord-ProDVD-1.11a35 and later fix this bug and
>                allow to spedify -dao for correctness. Later versions
>                will disallow to use cdrecord without -dao if
>                writing DVDs.
>        ***********

>Too many double negatives to be easily understandable.

I am no native english speaker. We can switch this discussion to German
if you like.

>Many examples of this in the README and the MAN page. So, if you want me
>to use the man page or README to solve my problem, I suggest you do a
>better job of writing them, or have someone else with a better command
>of the english language write them.

If you believe that the man page should be rewritten, you are welcome to
do the job!

I would be happy if at least some of the cdrtools users leave their
attitute of only waiting for being supplied with free software.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling