Ok, is there another DVD burning program that supports the Pioneer A04
drive that can handle this?

I am tired of Joerg's comments to me and other people, and I will tell
my people to boot the computers into windows to burn DVDs until I get
another program to burn DVDs under Linux.

I have read both documents, many times. The man page for CDRecord and
the README in your FTP directory. Some of the comments in both are hard
to understand. I believe due to the poor German to English translation.

For example, The following paragraph is not easily understandable:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

        ***********
                The current versions do not work for DVD recording
                if you specify the -dao option. They write in DAO
                only without the -dao option.
                Cdrecord-ProDVD-1.11a35 and later fix this bug and
                allow to spedify -dao for correctness. Later versions
                will disallow to use cdrecord without -dao if
                writing DVDs.
        ***********

Too many double negatives to be easily understandable.

"Later versions will disallow to use cdrecord without -dao if writing
DVDs."

Should be rewritten as:

"Later versions of cdrecord will only write DVDs if -dao is specified."

Many examples of this in the README and the MAN page. So, if you want me
to use the man page or README to solve my problem, I suggest you do a
better job of writing them, or have someone else with a better command
of the english language write them.

There is no man page for CDRecord-ProDVD. The only thing I got is a
binary.

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve, Ph.D.                   ICQ # 13956200
Biomedical Imaging Group             TLCA# 7938
University of Massachusetts
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: (508) 856-6514
Fax:   (508) 856-1840
PGP Public key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]