> Had a road rage incident where a guy cut me off, then drove dangerously.
> happened to catch up to him at a red light and shouted a few choice
things.
> He actually followed me to my destination, got out of his car as I walked
> across a parking lot, and began punching me.  A bystander with a cell
phone
> said "Leave him alone. I've got your license number.  Get out of here
right
> now or I'll call the police."  If not for that bystander I might have been
> really hurt.
>
> I thought of asking the witness for the license number, and pressing
> charges, but if the person was crazy enough to do what they did, how crazy
> would they be if I pressed felony assault charges?
>
> Sad, isn't it, that the innocent have to steer a wide path around the
> perpetrators for fear of retribution?

Ben,

So from within the perceived safety of the inside of your car, you decided
to use what might have in a court of law been considered fighting words, but
when your target took you up on the offer you didn't fight back and he beat
your ass?  Then you were still so afraid of him that you wouldn't even take
it to court (even though you would have most likely lost)?  And on top of
all that, you call yourself "innocent?"  Didn't you throw the first "punch"
with your mouth?

Do I have this right, Ben?  Please correct me where I am wrong.  I just want
to get the facts straight.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Advanced Certified ColdFusion Developer
Productivity Enhancement, Inc.

Want truly advanced database training?  Register for Database Development
with SQL Server, Oracle, and ColdFusion 5 at
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com!

http://www.CommerceBlocks.com

E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:   770-446-8866